Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Drizzle is Never Insignificant

Currently, my leg sits on my other leg (crossed), my headphones on my head, I on a leather chair, and the chair in the Oakland Airport. I'm early, as always with these sort of things- the product of a hereditary neurosis at least three generations old. Unlike the last time I found myself in this position, Oakland now presents free, albeit heavily corporate sponsored, internet.

I am worried: for the last three days, I've been tracking a package and prostrating myself before the mail goddesses in an act of supplication, an attempt to safeguard my five films purchased at an amazing forty (40) percent (%) off from Criterion. If they don't appear soon, before twelve when my last housemate leaves, they may be left 'pon my stoop!!!!! Criterion's new website is fantastic and fellow cinemaphiles should visit, unfortunately the amazing sale which allowed me to purchase five regularly pricey DVDs for 95 dollars is over. For the curious the films are:

Amarcord (Two discs)
Juliet of the Spirits (Fellini)
La Bete Humaine (Jean Renoir)
Cries and Whispers (Bergman)
The Phantom of Liberty (Luis Bunuel)

Yes, I could have done without Cries and Whispers, but it was the only Bergman film left in stock. It looks like Amarcord will be playing at the Pacific Film Archive (one of my workplaces) in January. Other delights include two (2) nights of unfinished Orson Welles work, a member's only showing with Clint Eastwood, and an evening with JP Gorin, one of Godard's most frequent collaborators.

No comments: